Friday, May 23, 2008

ICT Cluster Day at Coley Street

What a cool morning. I am only sorry I was not able to stay for the afternoon. The Journey Coley street have been only was both interesting and impressive. I was particularly impressed by the level of knowledge the children had. They were very articulate and had obviously been immersed in the language for some time.
The pure version of Inquiry was a neat concept. I think we are a mile away from that at the moment but I guess we all need to start somewhere.
Next week we have a group of rural principals visiting our school and after the great show the Coley kids gave us yesterday I am a bit nervous. The knowledge our children have about their thinking toolboxes etc pales in comparison. We will give it our best shot.
The level of PD we are getting on this contract is top notch. Being ale to work with a school like Coley Street on an ongoing basis and having them as a benchmark is great. I am very positive about the direction Opiki is heading and look forward to the "Our Lady of Lourdes" vist next month.

No comments: